Collective bargaining round 2018
Results of collective bargaining round 2018/19
- As of July 1, 2018, there will be an increase of 2%.
- As of January 1, 2019, there will be a further increase of 2.5%.
- The increase is applied to salaries, real fees for volunteers and apprentices.
- To compensate for the 6 empty months (January 2018 to June 2018), there is a one-off payment of € 650 for permanent employees in the first quarter of 2019.
- To compensate for the empty months, all freelance employees will receive a one-off payment of 1.0 percent of the gross fee for 2018, up to a maximum of 650.00 euros gross, together with the fee payment for March 2019.
- The one-time compensation payment for Volos and trainees is 100 €.
- An exception to the increase in fees are the English-speaking producers, adapters and speakers, insofar and as long as the actual rates of fees for comparable work in the other language editorships are lower.
The collective bargaining agreement is roughly comparable to that of other ARD institutions.
The compensation payment as a fixed amount corresponds to at least a one-off basic remuneration in 2018, which offers some support for lower salary groups. This chart shows who benefits and in what percentage.